So you want to create a WordPress blog…
Congratulations! WordPress is an excellent solution for how to start a blog, plus we think blogs are super awesome!
and you have a great idea
Better yet – it’s also surprisingly simple to create a WordPress blog. That’s why we say you can do it in under 15 minutes.
But as simple as it is to get started with WordPress, knowing what you need to do and how you can do it is still important so you don’t waste time.
That’s why we made this guide.
We’ll show you every single step you need to take to start a blog using self-hosted WordPress. And we’ll do it with tons of screenshots and beginner-friendly instructions.
How to create a blog: what you’ll need
Just a quick note, though. This guide is not about using WordPress.com. Instead, we’ll show you how to start your own blog using self-hosted WordPress so that you’re in full control. This is our recommended approach.
If you want to create a blog, here’s a simple step-by-step guide:
- sign up in Sikahost
- choose a template.
- Pick a domain name for your blog.
- Complete your hosting registration.
- automatic installation of WordPress theme by us for the first time.
- Log in and write your first blog post.
None of these steps require in-depth technical knowledge and we’ll show you the whole process of how to set up a blog in detail.
Once you’ve chosen your blog, you’ll probably want to start writing and most likely change the look/feel of it. To help you do this, we’ll also show you how:
- ⭐ Write your first blog post using the WordPress Editor
- ⭐ Change how your WordPress blog looks using a “theme”
- ⭐ Add functionality to your blog using tools called “plugins”
As long as you know how to use sites like Facebook and have overall confidence when it comes to “web stuff”, you can follow this guide. We promise!
Step 1: sign up in Sikahost
✅ Hosting – this is the engine that powers your site. While you don’t “see it”, every single website on the Internet has a host powering it.
✅ Domain – this is like your blog’s permanent address. For example, ours is
sikahost.com. Check out this post if you need help coming up with a good name.
Here’s why Sikahost:
- It’s affordable. You can host your site for the price of a small latte each month – it’s just $10 per month for your first 12 months.
- Just select the desired template so that it can be easily set up on your domain
WordPress software and have a working blog. No tech knowledge needed!
- It has enough performance to get you started. When you’re just starting out